Announcement concerning the acquisition of the operating licences of national terrestrial digital television broadcasting networks
The President of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority (hereinafter referred to as: Authority) has announced a tender (hereinafter referred to as: tender procedure) in the subject of acquiring the operating licences of national terrestrial digital television broadcasting networks.
- The operation rights of the five national terrestrial digital television broadcasting network sold in the tender procedure of 2008 expire on 5 September 2020. National digital television broadcasting network and free-to-air broadcasting station operating licences (which also include the right to frequency use) may be obtained by way of a tender procedure, pursuant to the provisions of Act LXXXIV of 2007 on the Rules of Broadcasting and Digital Switchover (hereinafter referred to as: Digital Switchover Act).
- The tender procedure officially starts on 10 April 2019.
The rules of NMHH Decree 4/2011 (X. 6.) on the rules of auction and tender for obtaining spectrum licences (hereinafter: Decree on the rules of auction or tender) shall govern the tender procedure.
The tender procedure is an administrative case and an administrative procedure within the NMHH’s scope of authority.
The rules set out in Act C of 2003 on Electronic Communications (hereinafter referred to as: Electronic Communications Act), the Digital Switchover Act and Act CL of 2016 on General Public Administration Procedures shall apply to the tender procedure.
- The detailed rules of the tender procedure are set forth in the tender notice documentation (hereinafter referred to as: Documentation) drawn up by the Authority.
The Documentation will be available in hard copy after the transfer of the Documentation fee – and presentation of its proof – to the Authority, on 16 and 17 April 2019, between 9:00 am and 12:00 am, at the following address: 1015 Budapest, Ostrom u. 23–25. The Documentation fee shall be transferred to the Authority's account number 10032000-00300939-00000017 held at the Hungarian State Treasury, specifying “Tender documentation fee for DVB-T/T2”.
The Documentation fee is HUF 100,000 + 27% VAT, that is a total of HUF 127,000 (one hundred and twenty-seven thousand forints).
The Documentation can be downloaded from the Authority’s website (http://nmhh.hu/) in electronic form free of charge, but acquiring the Documentation in this form (downloading) does not grant eligibility for participating in the tender procedure as an applicant.
- The subject of the tender procedure is the operating licence of the following five (5) national terrestrial digital television broadcasting networks (hereinafter referred to as: Package) for 12 (twelve) years:
- 2 DVB-T, MPEG-4 AVC networks,
- 3 DVB-T2, HEVC networks.
- The roll-out of the five national terrestrial digital television broadcasting networks according to the Package, with the technical parameters according to the Documentation, following licensing in accordance with the Electronic Communications Act;
- The entitlement to right of use of the frequencies forming the frequency range required for the operation of the national terrestrial digital television broadcasting networks according to the Package, in accordance with the provisions of NMHH Decree 7/2015 (XI.13.) on the national frequency allocation and the rules of using frequency bands for use of the 470-694 MHz frequency range for primary radio services; and
- Provision of broadcasting service, supplementary media service and other electronic communication service directly to the users or subscribers (free of charge or against a subscription fee), or to other broadcasters or electronic communication service providers, media service providers and supplementary media service providers via the national terrestrial digital television broadcasting networks according to the Package
The operation licence also includes the following:
The contents and conditions of the entitlement to network roll-out and spectrum licence and the requirements concerning the roll-out of broadcasting networks and Quality of Services can be found in the Documentation and its annexes.
- Applicants to the tender procedure shall pay, via an irrevocable transfer, a participation fee of HUF 1,000,000 + VAT, that is a total of HUF 1,270,000 (one million and two hundred and seventy thousand forints) to the Authority’s account number 10032000-00300939-00000017 held at the Hungarian State Treasury. Specifying “Participation fee for national DVB-T/T2 Tender” in the transfer’s comment section.
- Applications of applicants can be submitted on 30 April 2019 between 9:00 am and 12:00 am at the following address of the Authority, taking into account the requirements for format and content specified in the Documentation:
National Media and Infocommunications Authority
1015 Budapest, Ostrom utca 23-25.
- For the personal criteria and the format and content requirements of conformity see the Decree on the rules of auction or tender and the Documentation.