The Government’s public administration function pertaining to non-civil frequency management is provided by Office of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority. The acting body in these matters is the Defence and Law Enforcement Frequency Management Directorate (VRFGI/NARFA HU).
In exercising its responsibilities and powers, VRFGI/NARFA HU
- assesses and evaluates national needs of non-civil frequency use in Hungary, national and international trends and obligations arising from international regulations;
- initiates the review of national frequency allocation and rules of spectrum use (the NFFF Decree) as required and makes proposals for their amendment;
- performs frequency management analysis and assessment on the introduction of new radio services and systems; makes proposals for the conditions of their implementation and requirements for their use;
- assesses and analyses the Hungarian context of spectrum use within the scope of the European harmonisation of frequency spectrum and provides information for the relevant international surveys;
- participates in the development of civil and non-civil spectrum sharing, spectrum use and spectrum reallocation plans as well as the radiocommunications and radio spectrum policy;
- prepares the representation of the interests of non-civil (including NATO) frequency use during the international activities of the Hungarian communication administration;
- contributes to adoption and maintenance of national positions.
Information on 7/2017. (VII. 28.) NMHH Decree (Br.)
The decree regulates the use of conformity assessment and conformity certification of the radio equipment in the non-civil spectrum management market.
Information on 11/2011. (XII. 16.) NMHH Decree (Er.)
The decree regulates the installation, operation and licensing of radio stations, radio networks, radio communication systems, official regulatory control, interference elimination and data provision.
Information on 12/2011. (XII. 16.) of the NMHH (Nr.)
The decree defines the order of frequency management for non-civil purposes, the related official tasks, the organizations belonging to it (non-civil users) and the tasks of the Office (VRFGI/NARFA HU).