1. Type of matter
Notification of interfaces
2. Competent body
Office of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority
Department of Service Registration and Information
Electronic Communications Services Registry Unit
Address: Visegrádi u.106. H-1133 Budapest, Hungary
Mailing address: Pf.: 997. H-1376 Budapest 62.
Customer service: Visegrádi u.106. H-1133 Budapest, Hungary
Telephone: +36 1 468 0673 Fax: +36 1 468 0509
Customer service opening hours:
- Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
4. Documents required for the administration
Pursuant to Section 82 of Act C of 2003 on Electronic Communications (hereinafter: the Electronic Communications Act) and the provisions of NMHH Decree No. 5/2016. (VIII. 16.) on the content requirements and accessibility of technical specifications related to the notification of interfaces, the operator of an electronic communications network or the service provider is required to notify the authority of the specifications of subscriber and network interfaces used in connection with the performance of electronic communications activities or for the provision of services, and shall make them available to the public.
The interface shall be notified before the commencement of services, on the form available on the Authority's website (related content) or, by filling the administrative form is available through the NMHH Data Gateway, by service and by type of interface used for the provision of the service.
The Authority shall register the notified interface specifications, establish their possible equivalence, classify the interfaces and ensure public access to them.
If you have any questions about filling in the form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
An administrative form is available through the NMHH Data Gateway, which can be accessed under related content.
5. Administrative Time Limit
Unless otherwise provided for in Electronic Communications Act, the administrative time limit for the Authority’s proceedings shall be sixty days. (Section 31(1) of the Electronic Communications Act)
Pursuant to Section 118(3) of Act CL of 2016 on General Public Administration Procedures (hereinafter: the Administrative Procedures Act), an appeal shall be lodged with the authority that has brought the decision within fifteen days following the date of delivery of the decision.
6. Administrative service fee rate and method of payment
The notification of the interface shall be subject to an administrative service fee. The amount of fee payable is HUF 3,000. The fee must be paid by transfer to payment account no. 10032000-00300939-00000017 of the Authority held with the Hungarian State Treasury prior to the filing of the application. In the payment reference field of the transfer order, the name of the applicant, their tax number and the subject matter of the procedure must be indicated. If the payer has requested a payer identifier in advance, it is sufficient to indicate the payer identifier in the payment reference field.
Bank account information
Nemzeti Média- és Hírközlési Hatóság
SWIFT code: HUSTHUHB
Natural person applicants may also pay the fee by postal money order to the above account number, in which case the subject matter of the procedure must be indicated in the payment reference field.
Proof that the fee has been paid – a daily bank statement showing the debit to the bank account – must be included in the application. In the case of payment of fees by postal money order by a natural person applicant, proof of payment of the fee – the receipt – must be included in the notification. (Section 2, Section 18(2)-(3) of NMHH Decree No 5/2011. (X. 6.)
The payer identifier can be requested by submitting the payer identifier request form available at https://e-nmhh.nmhh.hu/e-nhh/4/urlapok/esf00126/index.html. The Authority requests that when making a payment, whether by bank or postal transfer, the Service Provider please indicate in the payment reference field the generated payer identifier number (format: NMHH-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx).
The Authority will terminate the procedure if the client fails to comply with the obligation of advancing procedural costs. (Section 47(1)(d) of the Administrative Procedures Act)
7. Form(s) used for the administration
The document entitled “Interface notification form” can be downloaded from the Related Content window.
8. Relevant legislation
- Act C of 2003 on Electronic Communications
- Act CL of 2016 on the General Public Administration Procedures
- Act XCIII of 1990 on Duties
- NMHH Decree No. 5/2016. (VIII. 16.) on the content requirements and accessibility of technical specifications related to the notification of interfaces
- NMHH Decree No. 5/2011.(X. 6.) on administrative service fees and the method of payment of fees for certain procedures of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority
9. The rights and obligations of the client
Rights of the client
The client has the following rights under the Administrative Procedures Act:
- the right of access to documents, right to make copies or extracts,
- the right to make a statement and to submit a motion for evidence,
- the right to legal remedy,
- the right to information,
- the right to use one’s own language,
- the right to the protection of data protected by law.
Obligations of the client
The client has the following obligations under the Administrative Procedures Act:
- the client must act in good faith and must not act in such a way as to deceive the authority or unduly delay decision-making or enforcement.